Blogging 101 – fundamentals you should know!
Do you want to start a blog but don’t know where to begin? You are in the right place!
Did you know that each month there are about 70 million posts published by WordPress users? Businesses that blog experience twice as much email traffic as compared to those that don’t. This means, blogging is here to stay, and as a brand, you need to take maximum advantage!
But, where should one start? In this article, we will go over the basics of blogging and understand how to write content that matters. Let’s get started!
- 1. Pick a niche: When you start a blog, focus on the topics you are knowledgeable and passionate about. That will help you to create engaging content and will be easier to sustain. A good practice is to have a pool of topics that you can keep at your disposal and write regularly.
- 2. Provide value: Value is what will differentiate your brand from other businesses. You must create content that is useful and provides value to your readers. You can focus on long and informative posts or answer questions. Your basic goal should be that your audience shares and saves your posts.
- 3. Go social: Never underestimate the power of social media. Promote your blogs on social media channels where your audience resides. Follow other blogs, share their content, and join blogging communities online. Your brand needs to have a digital presence. Social proof is yet another way to attract more customers to your brand.
- 4. Keep learning: As a blogger, if you want to stay relevant, you will need to brush up on your skills every now and then. That means understanding SEO, analytics, and Google updates. You can use some apps to stay organized, such as Evernote, Grammarly, SEMRush, and so on.
- 5. Consistency: In cyberspace, consistency is paramount. Choose how frequently you want to publish your content and stick to that. We recommend that you gradually increase your posts per week. You can achieve this through sheer discipline, so be motivated at all times!
- 6. Design: If your blogs don’t look aesthetically pleasing, your website bounce rate will be high. Ensure that your published content has proper formatting, structure, and a clean design. Additionally, it should be engaging. You can provide your readers with Call To Action and/or ask them to subscribe to your newsletter.
Content is what will give your brand identity. Research, write and edit over and over again. At the end of the day, be true to your customers and abide by your company values.
Starting a blog can seem overwhelming, but with proper planning, it is easy. Blogging significantly impacts brands and helps increase brand awareness and brand recall values. Providing readers with quality and high-utility content will ensure that they stick around.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and write! Your audience is waiting for you.